The Future of Travel
When worldwide travel resumes what will it look like? Just like after 9-11, traveling as we know it will change. For most of us travel addicts, the changes ahead will be a minor inconvenience. While I can't predict what all of the changes will be, I do want you to be prepared and stay informed.
Two important things to know before you travel: Does my destination require a covid test? Does my destination require travel insurance? Things to think about.
Airlines can't stop you bringing your own booze aboard — but they can forbid you from drinking it
Like having a waiter uncork and pour the bottle of wine you brought to a BYOB restaurant, you can bring your own liquor aboard — provided you have a flight attendant serve it to you.
Airlines are cutting in-flight alcohol service as a way to reduce contact between passengers and flight attendants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
That's led to an uptick in passengers bringing their own booze and drinking it on board, in violation of FAA regulations.
There's a loophole that allows you to legally BYOB on your next flight, but you'll need a flight attendant to help you out — and not all airlines allow it.
STARVISTALIVE-Cruises for 2021/2022
ULTIMATE DISCO CRUISE
THE SOUTHERN ROCK CRUISE
• '70S ROCK & ROMANCE CRUISE
FLOWER POWER CRUISE
THE COUNTRY MUSIC CRUISE
SOUL TRAIN CRUISE
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE
ABBEY ROAD ON THE RIVER
SANDY BEACHES CRUISE
ULTIMATE DISCO CRUISEFEBRUARY 26-MARCH 3, 2022
'70S ROCK & ROMANCE CRUISE FEBRUARY 19-26, 2022
SANDY BEACHES CRUISENOVEMBER 6-13, 2021
FLOWER POWER CRUISEMARCH 20-27, 2021
THE COUNTRY MUSIC CRUISENOVEMBER 13-20, 2021
SOUL TRAIN CRUISEJANUARY 22-29, 2022
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISEOCTOBER 30-NOV, 2021
‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise
The '70s was a time when Rock music was evolving, artists added a new intensity to their music about love, relationships and life. These songs became the soundtracks to our lives, and what better way to celebrate this music than reliving it LIVE while sailing the beautiful Caribbean with fans just like you on the Feel Good Party at Sea. Get up close and personal with these iconic artists in more than 25 celebrity led interactive events including Q&As and panel discussions, wine tasting, game shows, theme nights, pool parties and so much more! Dig up those concert tees, platform shoes, bell bottoms and pantsuits and come rock the boat with us.
Just a few of the many superstar artists who have performed for us include Peter Frampton, Styx, Michael McDonald, America, Air Supply, Little River Band, THE ORCHESTRA starring Former Members of ELO, Ambrosia, Orleans, and many more.
For more information visit https://rockandromancecruise.com
These are the best cruises going and so much fun. I have done 2 of them. They don't have the lineup of the musicians yet, but they're always great and for those of you postponing travel for awhile, this would be a perfect time to book for 2022. These cruises sell out fast!!!!
Affordable AFS South African Safari-August 2021- This is a company, I have used before and they match up roommates for you if alone. The price is $1795 land only and they have group airfare with Emirates Airways from Newark. But air on your own is about $1200. I did this 2 years ago, the same Itinerary, I loved it.
Whales, Wildlife, Wine, and the Western Cape” Aug 21-29, 2021 BOOK NOW or call 770-432-8225 If trip full then WAITLIST All must log in to Book or Wait Come explore the majesty of Table Mountain, feel the thrill of Big Five safari game drives and listen to the songs of the humpback whales. We’ll call this our Big Six expedition. Where else would you experience Africa’s iconic wildlife on both land and sea? No place can rival the dramatic landscapes, variety of animals and diverse cultures as glorious South Africa. Yes, many AFSers have joined us here before – but never with this array of activities. And who wouldn’t want to revisit Cape Town, the most visited city in Africa? You’re in for heart-pumping fun with photos to rival Nat Geo on our journey. I call this one “Safari Light” because it’s such an easy and affordable escape! No visa, malaria-free zones, easy roundtrip air to CPT and the best ranger guides you’ve ever met. August is “winter” here with perfect temps and it’s the height of Whale Season. We’ve also gotten the lowest rates at the finest properties because they love AFS. Next is a scenic coastal drive to spectacular Aquila Private Game Reserve, set against the rugged Karoo Mountains. You’ll love the stunning cottages and gourmet meals here. Morning and night game drives reveal countless animals from giraffes to leopards and birdlife from eagles to flamingos. Aquila is truly a sanctuary. It is home for lions rescued from the “canned hunting trade” and baby rhinos, orphaned by poachers. You’ll get outstanding photos. Laze by the pool, indulge yourself at the spa and enjoy a horseback safari here! And just when you think it can’t get better, we travel the Wild Coast along the ocean to the Eastern Cape, home of the friendly Xhosa people. Our home is Hermanus, voted “World’s Best Whale Watching Spot.”(The whale population here exploded in recent years. Scientists say over 20, 000 humpbacks splash these Indian Ocean waters as they migrate in August from Antarctica to Mozambique.) Past groups loved our chartered sailing day to view the omnipresent dolphins, Cape Seals, Southern Right whales, humpbacks and Bryde’s whales. Africa changes us with a magic that can’t be described. So vast, it’s where everything is magnified and leaves the most enduring memories. You have to experience it to believe it. Join us as we explore three different regions in one vacation to encompass your dreams. There’s no prep. Just show up and let AFS be your concierge for large fun in South Africa. BOOK NOW or call 770-432-8225 Experience the majesty of Table Mountain, the soul of the African safari and the songs of the Humpback whales all in one jam-packed week. Flights in and out of Cape Town to arrive on 20 August 2020 and depart on 28 August 2020 https_www.afstravelers.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.afstravelers.com%2Fupcoming-adventures-best-solo-trip%2Fafrica-bush-capetown%2F
Inspirational Beach Quotes
I love these inspirational beach quotes, that remind us of our resilience, strength and creativity.
1. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.”
– Sarah Kay
2. "The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul."
– Robert Wyland
3. "We dream in colors borrowed from the sea."-Unknown
4. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
– Jon Kabat-Zinn
5. “Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don’t.”
6. “And just when she thought she couldn’t take anymore, the ocean reminded her, she goes on…”
7. “Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.”
8. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.”
9. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun.”
10. “The beach to me is a sacred zone between the earth and the sea, one of those in-between between places where transitions can be experienced – where endings can be mourned and beginnings birthed. A walk along the beach offers the gift of the unexpected.”
– Joan Anderson
11. “Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.”
12. “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
13. “Isn’t it strange, the way time moves? I could stand here and watch the sea crash beneath me for hours and it would feel only like minutes had passed.”
– Sjana Elisa Earp
14. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free air was like a cool, quieting thought.”
– Helen Keller
15. “Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.”
– Hermann Broch
16. “I miss the beach, the peace it brings you. I love the sound and smell of the sea.”
– Genesis Rodriguez
17. “The three great elemental sounds of nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a wood and the sound of the ocean outside on a beach.”
– Henry Beston
18. “The beach is truly home, its broad expanse of sand as welcoming as a mother’s open arms. What’s more, this landscape, which extends as far as the eye can see, always reminds me of possibility.”
– Joan Anderson
19. “My dream is to have a house on the beach, even just a little shack somewhere so I can wake up, have coffee, look at dolphins, be quiet and breathe the air.”
– Christina Applegate
20. “Mind on a permanent vacation, the ocean is my only medication, wishing my condition isn’t ever going to go away.”
– Jimmy Buffett
21. “Happiness is a day at the beach with sand between my toes and sunburn on my nose”
22. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.”
– Jeanne Moreau
23. “There’s a magical energy and power from the ocean.”
– Jo Beverley
24. “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart, never full of love.”
25. “Long walks on the beach are the supposed holy grail of a romantic evening. The beach becomes a kind of utopia – the place where all our dreams come true.”
– Roxane Gay
Keto Onion Rings
This Low Carb Onion Ring Recipe is surprisingly simple to make and never fails to satisfy. Prep Time20 mins Cook Time10 mins Total Time30 mins Course: Appetizer Cuisine: American Keyword: air fryer Servings: 6 Calories: 217.11kcal Author: Wendy Polisi As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified sales. Ingredients
1 large sweet onion cut into rings
1 cup almond flour
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
2 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon heavy cream
In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Beat the eggs and heavy cream in another bowl.
Dip the onion rings in the eggs and then in the almond flour mixture. Press the almond flour mixture into the onions. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining onion.
Air Fryer Instructions
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Arrange the onions in a single layer, cooking in batches as needed. (If desired, you can line your air fryer with air fryer liners.)
Spray the onions with cooking spray and cook for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to carefully reach under the onions and flip. Respray and cook 5 minutes longer.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the onions in a single layer and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and respray with oil. Bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until crispy and brown.
Nutrition Calories: 217.11kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.64g | Protein: 12.51g | Fat: 16.4g | Saturated Fat: 4.59g | Cholesterol: 72.65mg | Sodium: 279.37mg | Potassium: 277.44mg | Fiber: 2.45g | Sugar: 1.67g | Vitamin A: 424.3IU | Vitamin C: 1.36mg | Calcium: 323.1mg | Iron: 1.38mg This recipe is from kicking carbs. Try Wendy's other great recipes
The latest Ramblings with Val YouTube:
Bedtime Stories for Adults-Anguilla again on YouTube:
That's it for today. Stay safe. I hope you enjoyed this!